Nikko comes with a config file, where you can overwrite the default settings the theme comes with, this file is
theme-config.hbs and it's located in the partials folder.
You can set the following:
- set the content api key to enable the search
- set the search result limit
- set the default color scheme
- enable/disable the floating header
- enable/disable the theme toggle feature
- set the header height
- set the site width
- set the post content width
- hide/show the progress bar
- and much more..
For more advanced customization it's important to know that at the base of the theme style is PostCSS. This makes style customization easier and faster.
The most important aspects of the theme are defined as CSS custom properties which can be modified even without generating theme assests, so you can even customize styling using the Code Injection in Ghost Admin, either to do it Globally or on a post by post basis.
All these properties are in
Besides the available custom properties you can take advantage of the utility classes available in order to build new content blocks, and style them according to your need.
Paddings & Margins
For more check out the documentation